With COVID-19 becoming one of the most renowned illnesses in the past few years, it’s important that we are doing everything we can to ensure as few people are exposed to it as possible. The workplace is where COVID-19 can be exchanged fairly easily, especially with some organisations still working in their offices as opposed to remotely. This is completely fine, so long as thorough cleaning is undergone regularly.
Sustaining a clean office environment is essential to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and ensuring everyone’s safety. These are a few cleaning tips that we recommend:
- Make sure disposable masks, gloves, and aprons are used when cleaning the office.
- Make sure all waste is disposed of immediately.
- Make sure to clean your surfaces before disinfecting them. This is because by using cleaning products such as detergent, you are eliminating most of the COVID-19 particles, thus making the disinfect much more effective.
- Once you have wiped a surface with a disinfectant wipe, allow it to stay wet for a couple of minutes, to give it time to eliminate the COVID-19 particles.
- As tempting as mimicking witchcraft potions may be, never mix your cleaning products together.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are commonly used throughout the day, daily. This could include desks, phones, doorknobs, light switches, keyboards and many more.
How to initiate hygiene practice for employees
With many people returning back to the office setting, its important that you educate them and promote the idea of implementing these hygiene practices within their day-to-day lives. These are some things that you can do:
- Make sure you are stocked up with wipes and hand sanitiser and teach everyone how to use them. Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitiser should be encouraged, as well as disinfecting and cleaning their desks daily.
- Appoint a dedicated individual that will ensure that these cleaning practices are being enforced daily.
- If possible, try to maintain a 2-metre distance between the employees, as well as them cleaning the desks they use once they get up to leave or move to a different area.
To summarise, keeping your offices clean and regulating these hygiene protocols, it will greatly reduce the chances of COVID-19 spreading throughout your business. To learn about our own office cleaning services, head over to www.titanserv.co.uk, or give us a call on 01792 720955.